Two updates in one month!
Yup, took an hour off work today and went out to Burbank's "The Edge" studio.
I saw more bricks in the place, then you would need to build my house! The lady went through all the possible upgrades for me, benchtops, tiles, carpet, bricks, roof tiles, guttering, door framing (not sure on the correct term, it sounded like a french word), doors, garage, driveways, electrical etc....
Now I haven't actually selected anything, this comes at a later date where the lady said it will probably take 8 hours to select all the colours and shit. I don't know about you, but if it takes 8 hours to do it, I ain't going. I'll let the wonderful lady choose everything with a defined budget!
Here's what got me though, before walking in there I thought "why am I doing this? I don't need upgrades". Then when I saw the selection, ugh, I'm going to be even more in debt than I originally thought.
Things I've already decided I'll upgrade:
However, this will probably change when I find out the /actual/ cost of upgrading the above mentioned items.
Reasons for brick upgrade:
* no reason
Reasons for Toilet:
* the standard toilet looks a little flimsy, I'm a heavy unit - this is justifed!
Reasons for Carpet:
* look, again, I'm a big unit, I drag my feet, gonna wear it out pretty quick with the standard spec
Reasons for Tiles:
* not sure really, I prefer the bigger tiles rather than the small spec, but eh, not entirely necessary.
Standard inclusions I like:
* Oven (if it holds spuds, I'm good to go)
* Rangehood (a wha?)
* Stove (I can't cook)
* Vanity (meh)
* Kitchen sink (it's a sink)
* Laundry sink and taps (I really don't quite understand why anyone would bother with upgrading this)
* Door Handles (The only time I'll ever look at these is the second before I put my hand over it to open it - another pointless upgrade if you ask me)
* Doors - It'a a piece of wood.
If you guys think I should be a little more serious about this, please say so! But I can't see how the above can affect resale value.
Anyways, give me your opinions! :-) I'm very open-minded *cough*